Version 4.15 brings a number of big changes.
First, various redesigns started and will continue. A lot of items in the app had gone untouched since the first beta and needed polish as we prepare for the new Mail Pilot to become publicly available.
Second, the app is now fully hooked up to the new account management server. My favorite part: whenever you click a link to go to any part of your account management portal online, Mail Pilot will automatically generate a "magic link" in the background to sign you in before the page opens in your web browser.
Third, lots of little improvements. Here's the change log with the highlights emphasized:
- New navigation bar. It replaces both the compact and regular navigation bars from before.
- Alias support. You can now add aliases to accounts, use them as your default sender address, and select them in compose. You can add as many to an account as needed. (Note: this is for aliases that send out on the same account; not for those which need to connect to a different SMTP server or account.)
- Manage your Mail Pilot account. Your Mail Pilot account is now connected with the app, and whenever you click to open the account management portal, Mail Pilot will automatically log you in before opening the page in your browser. Magic! (To try it out, click Mail Pilot > Manage Mail Pilot account. Try logging out then doing it again to see the magic in action.)
- Send reply and complete. In quick reply, press CMD + Shift + Return to send the reply and automatically complete the thread once the reply is sent.
- Smart thread actions added to action menu. The smart thread actions shown below a thread are now the first actions suggested in the action menu, so you can get to them using just the keyboard ("." then "return"). (These are the actions that come up when, for ex., a message you set a reminder on receives a reply and appears back in the inbox. The action will send the thread back to your original reminder.)
- Reminder hot keys. An original feature from Mail Pilot 1 has returned: with a message selected, you can press any digit (0 - 9) to set a reminder for that many days in the future. It pops up confirmation in the action bar to avoid mistaken moves. So to set a reminder for 1 week from now, just press "7" then return!
- Fire off searches from contact cards.
- Redesigned navigation icons. You'll see them in the new navigation bar and the more tab.
- Changed cutoffs in Important to 5 days or 100 messages (it used to be 3 days or 10 messages).
- Refreshed app icon. The app icon is beginning to embrace the depth that is making a glorious comeback in macOS 11 Big Sur.
- The original message is now quoted when using quick reply if you have that setting enabled.
- Setting to enable quoting original message was also added to the inline quick reply settings menu.
- Added reply, reply all, and forward to menu bar under a new "Message" menu item.
- Added reply, reply all, and forward to the action menu.
- Truncates long folder paths in action menu in the middle rather than the end.
- Lots of other little redesigns and updates.
- Fixed issue where you could not reply to a message using quick reply more than once without quitting and restarting.
- Fixed an issue where the more tab could lock up during a search if two accounts had any identical folder paths
- Potentially fixed Fastmail sent folder issue
- Fixed issue where blurred backgrounds were not completely blurring
- Fixed some other little things
Finally, in case you missed it: Earlier this week I posted a video sharing, for the first time in almost half a decade, Mail Pilot on iPad. It's just a preview, but it shows where we're headed next. Check it out here: https://youtu.be/Sat5WCmeVYs